DIGGLENET: PRIVACY NOTICE
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
DIGGLENET LIMITED is a limited company incorporated in England (company number 03906596) with its registered address at 11 Lynn Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4EG, England (“DiggleNet”).
By “Personal Data” we refer to information collected or held by DiggleNet, that identifies and relates to you as an individual.
DiggleNet understands the importance of protecting the Personal Data you provide to us. This Privacy Notice sets out what Personal Data we hold, the appropriate safeguards we put in place to protect your information and the rights available to you in relation to this information.
DiggleNet is the data controller (‘data controller’ having the meaning set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) from May 25 2018) in respect of any Personal Data you may provide to us or any Personal Data provided to us by a third party in the course of our business operations.
We confirm that any Personal Data we hold on your behalf will be held in accordance with the registration we have with the Information Commissioners Office.
We collect the following information:
- information you provide directly to DiggleNet via the contact page on the website:
- email address;
- telephone number; and
- any supplementary information you volunteer in your initial contact; when you communicate with us directly in person or via another form of communication for customer service or other purposes (e.g. by emails, phone calls, tweets, etc.), we retain such information and our responses to you in the records of your account
- Information collected automatically:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, browser plug-in types and version, the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Website, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page. Information about your visit(s) to the Website may also be collected. The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the Website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access the Website; and
Use of Personal Data
We process Personal Data collected for the purposes of:
- internal record keeping;
- to carry out any obligations owed to you through the use of our Website and in respect of any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to give you information that you request from us and to improve our services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to allow us to operate the Website efficiently;
- to ensure that the content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- any relevant troubleshooting, testing or statistical analysis as appropriate; and
- to keep the Website secure.
We never sell Personal Data collected or use your Personal Data for any other purposes than those stated above.
All of the above purposes are conducted for the reason of performing a contract to which DiggleNet has been engaged by a client. Where we request consent for collection of information, we will always ensure you are notified of your rights in relation to this information (please see the ‘Personal Data and your rights’ section below).
Sharing your Personal Data
We may, where we have obtained your express permission, also use the information collected to:
- provide you with information about our services that we offer via promotional emails;
- keep you up to date with features on the Website; and
- permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services they feel may interest you (a list of such third parties are available on request),
however, you can opt-out of any of these data uses at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use carefully selected sub-processors to help us collect, store or manage your information.
We may disclose your Personal Data to a statutory body when we are under a legal obligation to do so.
DiggleNet takes the processing of your information very seriously and will use your information only in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice. We shall take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from accidental or unauthorised access, alteration, loss, destruction or disclosure.
By providing us with Personal Data, you acknowledge and agree that such Personal Data may be processed outside of the European Economic Area. However, we will not transmit any Personal Data to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless we ensure that there are appropriate safeguards under data protection laws in relation to the transfer.
Where required, this information is encrypted for additional security. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorise access to Personal Data only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
However, you should be aware that providing information over the Internet can never be guaranteed as being completely safe and if you choose to send such information to us via the Internet, you do so at your own risk.
Personal Data and your rights
You have rights in relation to any Personal Data that we hold about you. If you wish to access your Personal Data you may make a formal subject access request by contacting DiggleNet.
The information you request must relate to you or another person that you have authority to act on their behalf. DiggleNet will require a confirmation of your ID prior to providing any information about the data we hold. If you are unable to provide sufficient information to prove your ID, DiggleNet reserves the right to refuse your request for access to Personal Data. The rights you have in relation to the Personal Data we hold regarding you are:
- the right to rectify any inaccuracies in the information we hold;
- the right to erasure of information in specific circumstances;
- the right to request transfer of your information to another controller; and
- the right to object to processing in specified circumstances.
If you have provided us with consent to process your information, you always reserve the right to withdraw this consent via the method detailed in the paragraph below. We are committed to ensuring that your wishes are respected and upon notification that you wish to withdraw your consent, DiggleNet will immediately cease processing the information in question.
Please send your request to DiggleNet by emailing: email@example.com. We will always process your request within 10 working days .
Questions about this Privacy Notice
If you have any questions or complaints regarding how DiggleNet has handled your Personal Data, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel your request has not been dealt with in an appropriate manner, you can register your complaint with the UK data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office) via their contact page: https://ico.org.uk/.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time to ensure it always accurately reflects the way we collect, use and safeguard your Personal Information.
Please check this notice from time to time to ensure you are aware of any updates we may have made to our Personal Data handling practices. The date of the changes will be listed in the ‘Last updated’ section below. We recommend that you print a copy of this page for your reference.
Last updated: March 2018